- 1/4 cup(s) low fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), crushed through a press
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 oz, boneless uncooked anchovies, paste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cup(s), chopped cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s), chopped
- 4 small whole wheat pita(s)
- 8 leaf/leaves, large lettuce, Romaine variety
Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, cheese, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, anchovy paste, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat with the dressing.
Cut a pocket in each pita. Fill each pita with one-quarter of the chicken mixture and 2 lettuce leaves. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.
- Although this wouldn’t be as strict an interpretation of a Caesar salad, peppery watercress is a delightful substitute for the romaine lettuce. You would need 1 small bunch, cleaned.