Chicken and vegetables with balsamic-espresso glaze
1½ pound(s), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 large, cut in half lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 large, cut into wedges
1 Tbsp, chopped
Uncooked bone in skinless chicken thigh
30 oz, trimmed, 6 (5-ounce) thighs
Dark brown sugar
3 Tbsp, packed
Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray large roasting pan with olive oil nonstick spray.
- Combine rutabaga, carrots, and onion in prepared pan and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Toss to coat and spread vegetables evenly to edges of pan. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and place in center of pan. Roast 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make glaze, stir together vinegar, brown sugar, espresso powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary in small saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened and slightly syrupy, about 4 minutes (you should have 1/4 cup).
- Stir vegetables and brush chicken with 2 tablespoons glaze; roast 10 minutes. Brush chicken with remaining 2 tablespoons glaze and roast until vegetables are tender and instant-read thermometer inserted into centers of thighs registers 165°F, about 10 minutes longer. Serve chicken with vegetables.
- Per serving: 1 chicken thigh with about 2/3 cup vegetables