Chicken and vegetable kebabs with creamy pesto
3 cup(s), leaves
Fresh lemon juice
Extra virgin olive oil
2 medium clove(s)
Red pepper flakes
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), cut into 16 pieces
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, red variety, large, cut into 16 pieces
1 medium, halved lengthwise, each half cut into 8 pieces
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, cut into 16 pieces
Low fat cream cheese
2 Tbsp, (Neufchatel)
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium-high or prepare medium-high fire.
- Puree basil, water, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in blender or food processor.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons basil mixture to large bowl. Add chicken, bell pepper, zucchini, and onion to bowl and toss to coat.
- Add cream cheese and Parmesan to mixture remaining in blender and puree. Transfer sauce to small bowl.
- Thread chicken and vegetables onto 8 (12-inch) metal skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water 20 minutes prior to use to prevent charring). Place kebabs on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve kebabs with sauce.
- Serving size: 2 kebabs and 2 tablespoons sauce