Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs with Creamy Pesto
- Total Time
basil3 cup(s), leaves
fresh lemon juice2 Tbsp
extra virgin olive oil2 tsp
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s)
table salt¼ tsp
black pepper⅛ tsp
red pepper flakes1 pinch
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast1 pound(s), cut into 16 pieces
uncooked bell pepper(s)1 item(s), medium, red variety, large, cut into 16 pieces
uncooked zucchini1 medium, halved lengthwise, each half cut into 8 pieces
uncooked red onion(s)1 medium, cut into 16 pieces
low fat cream cheese2 Tbsp, (Neufchatel)
grated Parmesan cheese2 Tbsp
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium-high or prepare medium-high fire.
- Puree basil, water, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in blender or food processor.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons basil mixture to large bowl. Add chicken, bell pepper, zucchini, and onion to bowl and toss to coat.
- Add cream cheese and Parmesan to mixture remaining in blender and puree. Transfer sauce to small bowl.
- Thread chicken and vegetables onto 8 (12-inch) metal skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water 20 minutes prior to use to prevent charring). Place kebabs on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve kebabs with sauce.
- Serving size: 2 kebabs and 2 tablespoons sauce