- 8 oz cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s), chopped or shredded
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 8 medium whole wheat tortilla(s), about 6-inches each
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free black bean dip, spicy-variety
- 6 Tbsp Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese, sharp-variety
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), green parts only, diced
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free salsa
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
In a small bowl, combine chicken, lime juice, cumin and salt; toss well to combine.
Place 4 tortillas on a flat surface and spread each one with 2 tablespoons of bean dip. Top each with about 1/3 cup of chicken and then sprinkle each with 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese; divide scallions over top. Cover with remaining tortillas and gently press down on each one.
Coat a very large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Cook quesadillas in a single layer until golden brown on bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip quesadillas and press down on them with a spatula; cook until golden brown on second side, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove to a serving plate and cover to keep warm (or place in a warm oven); repeat with remaining quesadillas.
Slice each quesadilla into 4 pieces; serve with salsa and sour cream. Yields 1 quesadilla, 2 tablespoons of salsa and 1 teaspoon of sour cream per serving.
- For even greater flavor, look for a low-fat seasoned Mexican cheese blend. If you want to make the chicken from scratch, marinate it in a mixture of lime juice, cumin and chipotle chili powder for 30 minutes before grilling or pan frying (with cooking spray); then shred with a fork.