Chicken and bok choy bowls with sesame-ginger dressing
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
20 oz, 2 (10 ounces each)
uncooked bok choy
1 pound(s), baby variety (4 heads)
1 cup(s), trimmed and cut into long thin strips
toasted sesame oil
2 tsp, Asian (dark) variety
1½ tsp, grated and peeled fresh
1 medium, cut into matchstick strips or coarsely grated
1⅓ cup(s), frozen, prepared according to package directions
dried sesame seed kernels
- Put steamer insert in 6-quart Instant Pot; add 3/4 cup water. Arrange chicken on insert. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure; set cooking time for 8 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steamrelease valve to Venting position to quickly release pressure. Remove lid. Check chicken for doneness by piercing breast with tip of paring knife; it should show no trace of pink, and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center should register 165°F. If not cooked through, cover Instant Pot and lock lid; let chicken stand 5 minutes (chicken will continue to cook from residual heat). Transfer chicken to cutting board.
- Place bok choy and snow peas on insert in pot. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed. Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure; set cooking time for 2 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam-release valve to Venting position to quickly release pressure. Transfer vegetables to plate and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together water, vinegar, miso, sesame oil, honey, ginger, and soy sauce in small bowl. Slice chicken lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into strips. Arrange bok choy, chicken, carrot, snow peas, and quinoa in 4 bowls, dividing evenly. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serving size: 1 bowl and 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing