Quesadillas for breakfast? Sure! Ours are a jazzed-up version of a Mexican omelet and toast.
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 8 oz regular liquid egg substitute
- 4 slice(s) cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- 4 item(s), large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free salsa
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until a drop of water drizzled on pan sizzles. Add egg substitute and reduce heat to low; scramble eggs until firm, about 3 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
Wipe skillet clean and recoat with cooking spray. Place skillet over medium-high heat and cook one tortilla for 2 minutes. Flip tortilla and place 1/4 of scrambled egg mixture, 1/4 of bacon and 1 tablespoon of cheese down center of tortilla. Fold tortilla in half and cook until filling is hot and cheese melts, about 1 minute more; set aside and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
To serve, top each quesadilla with 2 tablespoons of salsa and 1/2 tablespoon of cilantro.