Uncooked extra lean ground beef 96 % lean 4% fat
1 small, finely chopped
Chopped romaine lettuce
4 medium, diced
Kosher dill pickle sandwich slice(s)
Reduced-fat cheddar cheese
8 Tbsp, shredded
Uncooked red onion(s)
6 thin slice(s), optional
Unsweetened dill pickle(s)
2 Tbsp, chopped
- Coat large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium-high. Add beef, onion, and salt and cook, breaking up meat with wooden spoon, until beef is cooked through and no longer pink, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool. Set aside or divide beef mixture among 4 small microwavable storage containers.
- Place 1½ cups lettuce each in 4 medium bowls or storage containers. Top each bowl with 1 chopped tomato, 3 pickle slices, 2 tbsp cheese, and the red onion (if using).
- In small bowl, stir ingredients for special sauce: ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, minced onion, and chopped pickles. Set aside, or divide sauce among 4 small baggies or storage containers.
- Pack beef containers with lettuce containers and special sauce and refrigerate. Before serving, heat beef and place on top of salad. Serve with special sauce.
- Serving size: 1 bowl (about 2 cups)