Fat-free cream cheese
⅓ cup(s), at room temperature
1½ tsp, grated
1% low fat cottage cheese
1¾ cup(s), whipped
2 large egg(s)
1 Tbsp, melted
- To prepare the filling, stir together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in the cottage cheese until combined; cover and refrigerate.
- To prepare the pancakes, blend together the milk, flour, eggs, egg whites, butter, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour into a bowl and let stand 20 minutes.
- Place the oven rack in the center of the oven; preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a jelly-roll pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Spray a small nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; place over medium heat until hot. Pour about 3 tablespoons of the pancake batter into the pan, tilting the pan quickly to evenly coat the bottom. Cook until lightly browned underneath and dry on the top, about 30 seconds. Flip and cook 5 seconds. Remove to a plate and place a piece of wax paper on top. Repeat with the remaining batter (stirring occasionally) to make 16 pancakes, stacking the cooked pancakes between sheets of wax paper.
- To assemble the blintzes, spoon 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on the lower third of the pale side of each pancake. Fold the right and left sides over the filling, then roll up to seal. Place, seam-side down, in the prepared pan and tent loosely with foil. Bake until the filling is hot, 10 minutes. Yields 2 blintzes per serving.