Cat Cora’s curried lentil soup
1 large, yellow variety, chopped
6 medium clove(s), minced
2 large, grated
Fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp, or more to taste
1¾ tsp, or to taste
1¼ tsp, or to taste
¼ cup(s), fresh, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium. Once hot, add onion; sauté until soft and translucent, 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic and cumin; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broth, lentils, carrots, thyme sprigs, curry powder, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and bay leaves. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender, 10-12 minutes. Stir in lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Remove bay leaves and thyme sprigs; serve garnished with cilantro.
- Serving size: 1 heaping cup