Cat Cora's baked jalapeno poppers
- Total Time
This recipe by Cat Cora has been modified and reprinted by WW with permission.
jalapeño pepper(s)1 medium
crumbled feta cheese4 tsp
plain fat free Greek yogurt1 Tbsp
fresh oregano¼ tsp, finely chopped
garlic powder1 pinch, or to taste
panko breadcrumbs2 Tbsp
kosher salt1 pinch, or to taste
black pepper1 pinch, or to taste
plain fat free Greek yogurt1 Tbsp, for garnish (optional)
fresh lime juice⅛ tsp, or to taste, for garnish (optional)
lime zest⅛ tsp, or to taste, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut jalapeño in half lengthwise, cut off stem, and scrape out seeds; set aside.
- Combine feta, yogurt, oregano, and garlic powder in a cup. Combine panko, salt and pepper in another cup.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg.
- Divide cheese mixture between jalapeño halves. Dredge each half in egg mixture, then roll in panko, pressing lightly so panko sticks to jalapeño.
- Gently set coated peppers, cut side up, on a small sheet pan. Bake until filling is bubbling and panko is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from tray, allow to cool for 10 minutes, and serve while still warm (add an optional topping of plain nonfat Greek yogurt mixed with lime juice, lime zest and salt).
- Makes 1 serving (2 poppers).