- 1 large uncooked sweet potato(es), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small fresh apple(s), cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup(s) apple juice
- 1 tsp ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 pound(s) uncooked lean pork tenderloin, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into twelve half-inch slices
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 1 medium uncooked scallion(s), chopped (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 400 °F. Tear off four 12-inch squares of parchment paper or foil; fold each in half, lengthwise, and cut into a heart shape with the fold running vertically down the center. Open each heart to lie flat.
In a medium bowl, mix sweet potato, apple and brown sugar; spoon onto center of one side of each heart.
In same bowl, mix apple juice, ginger, salt, allspice and cinnamon. With heel of your hand, press pork slices to 1/4-inch thickness; add to spice mixture and toss to coat. Place pork over sweet potatoes; sprinkle with sliced scallions. Fold parchment over pork. Starting at top of each heart, make a series of tight overlapping folds to seal packets. Place on a baking sheet; bake until pork is no longer pink and sweet potatoes are tender, about 18 minutes. Open packets carefully when testing for doneness, as steam will escape. Serve, drizzled with any juices and garnished with chopped scallions.