Caramelized Onion Dip with Pita Chips
Extra virgin olive oil
Whole wheat sandwich thin(s)
Uncooked vidalia onion(s)
1 large, finely chopped
½ tsp, minced
WW Reduced-fat whipped cream cheese spread
Plain lowfat Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp, (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large nonstick sauté pan.
- Add onion, sage, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are extremely soft (~10 minutes).
- Stir in WW Whipped Cream Cheese and combine with yogurt and Worcestershire.
- Chill until ready to serve and garnish with chopped fresh chives.
- For Chips, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut sandwich rolls in quarters and spread, cut side up on a baking sheet. Spray cut surface lightly with cooking spray and bake for 5-10 minutes or until crisp.