Caramelized Onion Dip with Pita Chips
- Total Time
Try our modern and delicious take on everyone’s favorite dip for your next party!
extra virgin olive oil1 tsp
thin whole wheat sandwich bread (roll)4 item(s)
uncooked vidalia onion(s)1 large, finely chopped
fresh sage½ tsp, minced
table salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
WW Reduced fat whipped cream cheese spread¼ cup(s)
plain lowfat Greek yogurt½ cup(s)
Worcestershire sauce¼ tsp
chives1 Tbsp, (optional)
cooking spray5 spray(s)
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large nonstick sauté pan.
- Add onion, sage, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are extremely soft (~10 minutes).
- Stir in WW Whipped Cream Cheese and combine with yogurt and Worcestershire.
- Chill until ready to serve and garnish with chopped fresh chives.
- For Chips, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut sandwich rolls in quarters and spread, cut side up on a baking sheet. Spray cut surface lightly with cooking spray and bake for 5-10 minutes or until crisp.