Caramelized Onion Dip with Pita Chips
Try our modern and delicious take on everyone’s favorite dip for your next party!
Extra virgin olive oil
Whole wheat sandwich thin(s)
Uncooked vidalia onion(s)
1 large, finely chopped
½ tsp, minced
Reduced-fat whipped cream cheese
Plain low fat Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp, (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large nonstick sauté pan.
- Add onion, sage, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are extremely soft, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and combine with yogurt and Worcestershire.
- Chill until ready to serve and garnish with chopped fresh chives.
- For Chips, preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut sandwich rolls in quarters and spread, cut side up on a baking sheet. Spray cut surface lightly with cooking spray and bake for 5-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Serving size: 2 tbsp dip and ½ sandwich thin