Cajun-Spiced Roast Pork
- Total Time
Baked sweet potatoes are the perfect counterpoint to the spicy pork.
ground cumin½ tsp
table salt½ tsp
cayenne pepper⅛ tsp
uncooked lean pork tenderloin1 pound(s), trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a sheet of wax paper, combine the paprika, cumin, sugar, salt, and cayenne. Roll the pork in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Spray a large ovenproof skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Tuck the thin end of the tenderloin under so it is an even thickness and place in the skillet. Cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the tenderloin registers 160°F for medium, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 16 slices. Yields 4 slices pork per serving.