- 1/2 cup(s) canned clam juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and patted dry
- 1 tsp paprika, sweet variety
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cup(s) uncooked bell pepper(s), orange and yellow varieties, cut into 1/4-inch
- 6 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
In a small bowl, combine clam juice and cornstarch.
Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or 12 inch skillet over high heat until a bead of water dropped on the surface vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact. Swirl in 1 tablespoon of peanut oil, add garlic and stir-fry 10 seconds or until fragrant. Push garlic mixture to sides of wok, carefully add shrimp, and spread evenly in one layer in wok. Cook undisturbed 1 minute, letting shrimp begin to sear. Sprinkle in paprika, salt and cayenne. Then, using a metal spatula, stir-fry 30 seconds, incorporating garlic mixture, until shrimp is lightly browned but not cooked through.
Swirl in remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add peppers and stir-fry 30 seconds or until just combined. Swirl in clam mixture and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp is just cooked and vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in sour cream and sprinkle on parsley. Yields 1 cup per serving.
- If you can’t find orange or yellow bell peppers substitute with red.