- 3 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked butternut squash, peeled, seeded, long “neck” cut into sixteen 3/4-inch-thick sticks*
- 1 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder, or to taste (optional)
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Arrange squash fries on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and chili powder; liberally coat with cooking spray.
Roast, turning once, until desired crispness, about 14 to 18 minutes. Yields 4 fries per serving.
- *Start with a large squash. You will end up using about 1 lb of squash and have the “bulb” of the squash left over. Any hard winter squash will work in this recipe.Double or triple the recipe to meet your needs.