Butternut "spaghetti" pie
3 medium clove(s), minced
Fresh baby spinach
Fresh butternut spirals
21⅜ oz, about 8 cups
Store bought marinara sauce
Grated Parmesan cheese
2 oz, about 1/2 cup
Part-skim mozzarella cheese
4 oz, shredded (about 1 cup)
Small, thinly sliced turkey pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a very large skillet or a Dutch oven. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds. Gradually add spinach to pan, tossing with tongs to wilt each batch before adding more. Cook until all of spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes total. Spoon spinach onto a baking sheet lined with several layers of paper towels.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add butternut noodles and salt; cover and cook until butternut is crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Wrap spinach in the paper towels and squeeze firmly to extract excess liquid. Add spinach to butternut; toss gently to combine.
- Whisk together marinara, eggs, and Parmesan in a medium bowl. Pour over butternut mixture; toss very gently to combine (so you don’t break butternut noodles).
- Wrap a 9-inch springform pan with foil (in case of leaks). Coat pan with cooking spray. Spoon butternut mixture into pan. Top with about two-thirds of mozzarella and arrange pepperoni over top. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Broil briefly to brown top, if desired. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into 6 wedges.
- Serving size: 1 wedge