Buttermilk-Oat Pancakes with Yogurt and Pear
Soaking the oats for a short time makes them soft and creamy and ready for the pancake batter.
Fat free buttermilk
16 fl oz
Quick cooking rolled oats
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
White whole wheat flour
Fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
1 large, red variety, ripe but firm, thinly sliced
- Combine buttermilk, oats, honey and extract in a large bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat a large nonstick griddle to medium heat.
- Stir egg into oat mixture until well combined.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in another bowl; stir flour mixture into oat mixture until just combined.
- Scoop batter by 1/4-cup measure onto griddle to make a few pancakes at a time. Cook until bubbles cover pancake tops and edges are browned, 4-5 minutes; flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. (If you can’t make them all at once, set aside cooked pancakes and keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients.) Serve pancakes topped with yogurt and pear.
- Serving size: 3 pancakes, 2 Tbsp yogurt, few slices pear