Buttermilk-Oat Pancakes with Yogurt and Pear
- Total Time
Soaking the oats for a short time makes them soft and creamy and ready for the pancake batter.
fat free buttermilk16 fl oz
quick cooking rolled oats1 cup(s)
vanilla extract1 tsp
egg(s)1 large, lightly beaten
white whole wheat flour¾ cup(s)
baking powder1 tsp
baking soda¼ tsp
ground cinnamon½ tsp
kosher salt¼ tsp
fat free vanilla Greek yogurt½ cup(s)
pear(s)1 large, red variety, ripe but firm, thinly sliced
- Combine buttermilk, oats, honey and extract in a large bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat a large nonstick griddle to medium heat.
- Stir egg into oat mixture until well combined.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in another bowl; stir flour mixture into oat mixture until just combined.
- Scoop batter by 1/4-cup measure onto griddle to make a few pancakes at a time. Cook until bubbles cover pancake tops and edges are browned, 4-5 minutes; flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. (If you can’t make them all at once, set aside cooked pancakes and keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients.) Serve pancakes topped with yogurt and pear.
- Serving size: 3 pancakes, 2 Tbsp yogurt, few slices pear