- 16 fl oz fat free buttermilk
- 1 cup(s) quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup(s) white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 large pear(s), red variety, ripe but firm, thinly sliced
Combine buttermilk, oats, honey and extract in a large bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
Preheat a large nonstick griddle to medium heat.
Stir egg into oat mixture until well combined.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in another bowl; stir flour mixture into oat mixture until just combined.
Scoop batter by 1/4-cup measure onto griddle to make a few pancakes at a time. Cook until bubbles cover pancake tops and edges are browned, 4-5 minutes; flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. (If you can’t make them all at once, set aside cooked pancakes and keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients.) Serve pancakes topped with yogurt and pear.
Serving size: 3 pancakes, 2 Tbsp yogurt, few slices pear