Broiled steak and peppers with easy spicy green sauce
Uncooked lean flank steak
2 medium, quartered, seeded
1 medium, quartered, seeded
1 tsp, crumbled
1 cup(s), leaves
Fat free salsa
¾ cup(s), green (tomatillo or green chile salsa)
Reduced-fat sour cream
- Preheat broiler. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil, or line with regular foil and coat with cooking spray (or just coat with cooking spray, if you prefer).
- Place steak and peppers on prepared pan; coat with cooking spray.
- In a small cup, combine cumin, oregano and salt; sprinkle on both sides of steak and peppers.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat, turning peppers and steak halfway through cooking, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak to a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put cilantro, salsa and sour cream in blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Slice steak thinly across the grain. Put steak and peppers on a serving platter and serve with salsa mixture. Yields about 2 1/2 ounces steak, 3 pieces pepper and 1/4 cup salsa mixture per serving.