Broiled Steak and Peppers with Easy Spicy Green Sauce
- Total Time
This broiled meal features cumin and oregano-spiced steak and peppers with a spicy green salsa sauce. Extras make fantastic sandwiches.
cooking spray3 spray(s)
uncooked lean flank steak12 oz
yellow pepper(s)2 medium, quartered, seeded
poblano chile1 medium, quartered, seeded
ground cumin1 ½ tsp
dried oregano1 tsp, crumbled
table salt½ tsp
cilantro1 cup(s), leaves
fat free salsa¾ cup(s), green (tomatillo or green chile salsa)
reduced-fat sour cream2 Tbsp
- Preheat broiler. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil, or line with regular foil and coat with cooking spray (or just coat with cooking spray, if you prefer).
- Place steak and peppers on prepared pan; coat with cooking spray.
- In a small cup, combine cumin, oregano and salt; sprinkle on both sides of steak and peppers.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat, turning peppers and steak halfway through cooking, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak to a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put cilantro, salsa and sour cream in blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Slice steak thinly across the grain. Put steak and peppers on a serving platter and serve with salsa mixture. Yields about 2 1/2 ounces steak, 3 pieces pepper and 1/4 cup salsa mixture per serving.