- Total Time
broccoli florets2 cup(s), small
phyllo dough10 sheet(s), (9 x 14-inch) frozen, thawed
table salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
olive oil2 tsp
low-fat hard or semisoft cheese½ cup(s), shredded, Jarlsberg variety, shredded
cooking spray12 spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Meanwhile, bring medium saucepan of water to boil. Add broccoli and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Lay 1 phyllo sheet on work surface with long side facing you. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with damp kitchen towel and plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.) Lightly spray phyllo with nonstick spray. Layer 9 more phyllo sheets on top, lightly spraying each sheet. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Beat eggs, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Stir in broccoli.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture and cook, stirring with silicone spatula, just until set, about 2 minutes. Spoon broccoli-egg mixture over phyllo, leaving 2-inch border. Sprinkle with Jarlsberg.
- Fold short sides of phyllo over filling, then gently roll up jelly-roll style. Place strudel, seam-side down, on prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with nonstick spray. Cut four 1-inch slits in top of strudel to allow steam to escape. Bake until filling is heated through and phyllo is golden, about 20 minutes. Let strudel cool on baking sheet on wire rack 15 minutes. Cut into 6 slices.
- Per serving: 1 slice