Braised chicken with potatoes and artichokes
- Total Time
We’ll be honest: This isn’t the prettiest dish, but if you love a good hearty weeknight chicken dinner that’s full of flavor and cooks in one pan, this is what you’re looking for. Add a green salad and you’re done!
uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)20 oz, 4 (5-ounce), trimmed
table salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
all-purpose flour2 Tbsp
cooking spray1 spray(s)
olive oil2 tsp
uncooked baby potatoes8 small, quartered (about 5 ounces)
uncooked red onion(s)1 small, finely chopped
canned chicken broth½ cup(s)
frozen artichokes9 oz, (1 package), hearts, thawed
white balsamic vinegar2 Tbsp
rosemary2 tsp, fresh, minced
fresh lemon juice1 Tbsp
- 1 Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then with flour, shaking off excess.
- 2 Spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until chicken is browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- 3 Add oil to skillet. Add potatoes and onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth to skillet and bring to boil, stirring with wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add artichokes, vinegar, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and the chicken with any accumulated juices to skillet.
- 4 Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, turning chicken once, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary.
- 5 Divide chicken and vegetables evenly among 4 plates.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh and about 1/2 cup vegetables