Braised chicken with potatoes and artichokes
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
20 oz, 4 (5-ounce), trimmed
Uncooked baby potatoes
8 small, quartered (about 5 ounces)
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 small, finely chopped
Canned chicken broth
9 oz, (1 package), hearts, thawed
White balsamic vinegar
2 tsp, fresh, minced
Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then with flour, shaking off excess.
- 2 Spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until chicken is browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- 3 Add oil to skillet. Add potatoes and onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth to skillet and bring to boil, stirring with wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add artichokes, vinegar, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and the chicken with any accumulated juices to skillet.
- 4 Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, turning chicken once, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary.
- 5 Divide chicken and vegetables evenly among 4 plates.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh and about 1/2 cup vegetables