Bracciole with spicy tomato sauce
Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Hard boiled eggs
1 item(s), large, coarsely chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
Extra virgin olive oil
Uncooked trimmed top round steak
24 oz, cut into 8 (1/4-inch) slices
4 fl oz, (1/2 cup)
- Stir together bread crumbs, parsley, Romano, egg, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon oil in medium bowl.
- Place steaks, in one layer, between two pieces of plastic wrap. With meat mallet or rolling pin, pound to 1/8-inch thickness. Remove top piece of plastic. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons filling onto each steak, leaving 1/2-inch border, gently pressing so it adheres. From short end, roll steaks up to enclose filling. Tie each roll at 1-inch intervals with kitchen twine. Sprinkle with salt.
- Stir together arrabbiata sauce and wine in 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef rolls and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer rolls to slow cooker, spooning sauce over. Cover and cook until beef is fork-tender, 4 to 5 hours on High or 8 to 9 hours on Low. Remove twine from rolls. Serve with sauce.
- Per serving: 1 beef roll and scant 1/4 cup sauce.