- 4 slice(s) uncooked reduced fat bacon
- 4 slice(s) reduced-calorie bread, white or whole wheat
- 2 Tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), finely chopped
- 1 tsp water
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 cup(s) arugula, baby leaves
- 1/2 item(s), medium avocado, ripe but firm, cut into 8 slices
- 4 slice(s) fresh tomato(es), beefsteak or heirloom
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook bacon, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove to paper towels; drain.
Meanwhile, mix together mayonnaise, scallions, water, salt and pepper in a small cup.
Lay 2 slices of toast on a work surface. Spread half of mayonnaise mixture on each. Layer each with half of arugula, avocado, bacon and tomato. Top with remaining pieces of toast. Serve immediately. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.