- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 1/8 cup(s) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped or 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 cup(s) fat free canned refried beans
- 4 item(s), large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free salsa
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat; add oil and heat until it sizzles.
Sauté onions for about 3 minutes and then add mixed vegetables and cilantro to skillet; sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes more. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Spread about 1/4 cup of beans down the middle of a tortilla and sprinkle with cheese; top with a heaping 1/4 cup of vegetables.
Fold ends of burrito in and then fold one side of tortilla to center; fold in other side (like an envelope). Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Place one burrito on a plate, seam-side down; microwave at full power until cheese melts and beans are warm, about 1 to 2 minutes (or you can bake burritos in oven). It will take about 5 minutes to microwave four burritos at once.
Top each burrito with 2 tablespoons of salsa and serve. Yields 1 burrito per serving.