- Total Time
We took a Mexican favorite and made it with supermarket staples. Ideal for those nights when there's nothing much in the fridge.
cooking spray1 spray(s)
olive oil1 tsp
uncooked onion(s)1 small, chopped
frozen mixed vegetables1 ⅛ cup(s), thawed
cilantro1 Tbsp, fresh, chopped or 1 tsp dried cilantro
fat free canned refried beans1 cup(s)
burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)4 item(s), large
shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese½ cup(s)
fat free salsa½ cup(s)
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat; add oil and heat until it sizzles.
- Sauté onions for about 3 minutes and then add mixed vegetables and cilantro to skillet; sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes more. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of beans down the middle of a tortilla and sprinkle with cheese; top with a heaping 1/4 cup of vegetables.
- Fold ends of burrito in and then fold one side of tortilla to center; fold in other side (like an envelope). Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place one burrito on a plate, seam-side down; microwave at full power until cheese melts and beans are warm, about 1 to 2 minutes (or you can bake burritos in oven). It will take about 5 minutes to microwave four burritos at once.
- Top each burrito with 2 tablespoons of salsa and serve. Yields 1 burrito per serving.