BBQ Chicken with Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4-oz pieces
- 2 large uncooked sweet potato(es)
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- Mix paprika through to sugar. A few hours before you plan to grill, rub chicken breasts with seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate until 15 minutes before you grill.
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into 1/3-inch discs. Place in a pot with enough cold, salted water to cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes, then drain and cool.
- When it's time to grill, preheat grill, then spray potatoes with cooking spray or olive oil spray and salt them. Salt chicken breasts. Place potatoes and chicken on grill and cook until done. The seasoning mixture makes the chicken very reddish in color, so be careful not to cook the chicken too long.