Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichangas
- Total Time
No need to fry this traditional Mexican dish: Simply bake until the tortillas are lightly browned and crisp. Serve with spicy salsa and a dollop of sour cream.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
uncooked ground turkey breast½ pound(s)
fat free canned refried beans16 oz
fat free salsa1 ¾ cup(s)
canned green chili peppers4 ½ oz, mild, drained and diced
chili powder1 tsp
uncooked scallion(s)3 Tbsp, thinly sliced
reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese1 cup(s)
burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)8 item(s), large
fat free salsa1 cup(s)
fat free sour cream½ cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Coat a 13- X 9- X 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add turkey to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid from pan and then add beans, 1 3/4 cups of salsa, chili peppers, chili powder and scallions. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes; stir in cheese.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil; warm in oven for 10 minutes.
- Assemble chimichangas by spooning about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto each tortilla; fold in sides and roll up.
- Place chimichangas, seam-side down, in prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, until tortillas are crisp and browned, about 20 minutes. Serve each topped with 2 tablespoons of salsa and 1 tablespoon of sour cream.