Baked Spaghetti Squash
Uncooked spaghetti squash
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp, extra virgin
4 small clove(s), finely chopped
Uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
Bottled pasta sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Put the squash halves in a microwave-safe dish, flesh side down, and add enough water so it goes 1/4 inch of the way up the squash. Microwave on high until tender and the squash flesh can easily be raked into strands and scooped out with a fork, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the squash is in the microwave, heat the oil in a large skillet. Sauté the garlic until aromatic, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the turkey to the skillet (with optional salt and pepper) and cook, stirring often, until browned and cooked through. Stir in the pasta sauce and heat through.
- Add the "spaghetti" strands to the skillet and stir until combined. Transfer the mixture to one large casserole dish or four small individual casserole dishes.
- Sprinkle cheese and dried herbs over top. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serving size: 1/4 of the large casserole dish or 1 individual casserole dish