Baked Eggplant with Three Cheeses
1 large, (about 1¼ lb), cut into ½-inch-thick rounds
Home made marinara sauce
Part-skim ricotta cheese
Part-skim mozzarella cheese
6 Tbsp, divided
Grated Parmesan cheese
4 Tbsp, divided
- Preheat the broiler. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange the eggplant in a single layer on the baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
- Broil until well browned, about 5 minutes. Turn the eggplant over and spray again. Broil until well browned and tender, about 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and reduce temperature to 375°F.
- Spread ½ cup sauce on the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Top with half the eggplant. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, 4 tbsp mozzarella, 2 tbsp Parmesan, salt, and black pepper. Spread the mixture over the eggplant.
- Top with the remaining eggplant, then spoon over the remaining ¼ cup sauce, and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp mozzarella and 2 tbsp Parmesan.
- Bake until the sauce is bubbly around edges and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Let the eggplant stand for 5 minutes before cutting into 4 pieces.
- Serving size: 1 piece