Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Vegetables
- Total Time
Chopping the garlic together with salt softens garlic’s sharp, spicy bite.
garlic clove(s)3 medium clove(s), thinly sliced
kosher salt2 tsp, divided
rosemary4 tsp, fresh, finely chopped
black pepper½ tsp, freshly ground
uncooked lean pork tenderloin2 pound(s), use two 1 lb tenderloins
uncooked reduced fat center cut bacon4 slice(s)
cooking spray6 spray(s)
fennel seed½ tsp
crushed red pepper flakes¼ tsp
uncooked Brussels sprouts1 ½ pound(s), cut in half or quartered, if large
uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)12 oz, medium-size, cut in chunks
uncooked red onion(s)2 medium, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- Place oven racks in middle and lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- On a cutting board, place garlic in a mound and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Using blade and flat side of a chef’s knife, chop and scrape mixture into a paste. Spoon into a small bowl and add rosemary and pepper; stir to combine.
- Using a paring knife, make twelve X-shaped cuts,1/8-inch-deep each, all over each tenderloin. Take about 3/4 of garlic mixture and divide among cuts in meat; rub remaining garlic mixture all over pork. Wrap each piece pork with 2 slices bacon; place in baking dish.
- Roast pork on middle rack, 25 minutes; remove from oven and baste with pan juices. Return pan to oven; continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of thickest portion registers 145ºF, about 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, generously coat a 13 x 18-inch rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; add Brussels sprouts, potatoes and onions to pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp salt, fennel seeds and red pepper flakes; toss well to coat. Roast on lower oven rack until vegetables are browned and cooked through, stirring a few times, 25-30 minutes.
- When pork is done, remove from oven and let rest 10-15 minutes; reserve pan juices. Thinly slice pork and serve with roasted vegetables with reserved pan juices spooned over top.
- Serving size: 3 oz pork, 1 c vegetables