Bacon and Cheese Turkey Burgers
- Total Time
Think turkey burgers are dry and tasteless? Not ours! The addition of minced portobello mushrooms give these lean burgers a juicy, meaty flavor.
portobello mushroom(s)1 large, stem removed, chopped
uncooked shallot(s)2 small, chopped
reduced calorie mayonnaise1 Tbsp
rosemary2 tsp, fresh, minced
kosher salt¾ tsp
Worcestershire sauce½ tsp
uncooked 93% lean ground turkey1 pound(s)
Gruyère cheese½ oz, shredded (about 2 Tbsp)
low fat cream cheese2 tsp
Dijon mustard½ tsp
cooking spray2 spray(s)
light English muffin4 item(s), toasted
reduced-fat cooked crisp bacon4 slice(s)
fresh tomato(es)4 slice(s)
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine mushroom, shallots, mayonnaise, rosemary, salt and Worcestershire sauce; pulse until finely minced. (If you don't have a food processor, finely chop mushroom and shallots with a sharp knife before combining with other ingredients).
- Spoon mushroom mixture into a mixing bowl and add turkey; gently combine with your hands. Shape turkey mixture into four 3 1/2-inch burgers; cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Meanwhile, combine Gruyère, cream cheese and mustard in a small bowl; set aside.
- Off heat, coat a grill pan or outdoor grill with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook burgers, flipping once, until cooked all the way through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve each burger on an English muffin topped with 2 teaspoons cheese spread, 1 slice bacon, 1 slice tomato and 1 piece lettuce. Yields 1 burger per serving.