Asian-style chicken lettuce wraps
Low sodium soy sauce
4 Tbsp, or regular soy sauce , if preferred
3 Tbsp, divided
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
16 small, halved
1 small, seeded and shredded, or diced
2 medium, thinly sliced
2 medium clove(s), minced
98% fat-free uncooked ground chicken breast
Canned water chestnut(s)
8 oz, drained and chopped
24 leaf/leaves, or Bibb lettuce
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, 1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, and cornstarch until smooth; set aside.
- Stir tomatoes, cucumber, sugar, and remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar in a second, smaller serving bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, ginger, and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds, or until aromatic. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring to break up chicken, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture and water chestnuts to chicken mixture. Cook, stirring, until bubbling and slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve these like fajitas: place about 2 1/2 Tbsp chicken mixture in a romaine leaf, top with about 1 1/2 Tbsp tomato mixture, and fold to form a “U.” (The leaf won’t fold closed.)
- Serving size: six-filled lettuce wraps