Asian Mushroom Stir-Fry
- Total Time
Explore an Asian produce market for Chinese celery or celery tops. But if you can't find them, regular chopped celery will work just as well.
uncooked fettucine12 oz
fresh mushroom(s)1 pound(s), assorted, sliced
uncooked cabbage (all varieties)1 cup(s), chopped, bok choy, thinly sliced
uncooked celery1 cup(s), Chinese celery or celery tops, chopped
garlic clove(s)3 clove(s), medium
soy sauce2 Tbsp
uncooked bean sprouts1 cup(s)
vinegar1 ½ Tbsp, white
canned chicken broth¾ cup(s)
uncooked scallion(s)¼ cup(s), sliced
chili sauce1 Tbsp, or to taste
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water until al dente.
- Spray a large, nonstick wok or skillet with cooking spray. Over high heat sauté mushrooms, bok choy, celery and garlic in 3 or 4 batches until bok choy is well-wilted, setting each batch aside as it is cooked.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, vinegar and cornstarch.
- Return all vegetables to wok and stir in soy sauce mixture, chicken broth and basil leaves. Cook over high heat just until basil wilts. Stir in noodles.
- Garnish with bean sprouts, scallions and chili sauce and serve hot.