- Total Time
Adding your own twists to boxed cake and muffin mixes — like we did in this delicious coffeecake — can make whipping up home-baked treats a snap.
blueberry muffin mix10 ¼ oz
unsweetened applesauce½ cup(s)
fat free skim milk½ cup(s)
reduced-calorie margarine2 Tbsp, melted
vanilla extract1 tsp
all-purpose flour3 Tbsp
reduced-calorie margarine1 Tbsp, chilled
ground cinnamon½ tsp
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Unpack mix. Drain blueberries (they should come with the mix), rinse under cold water and drain again; set aside. Pour dry mix into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together applesauce, milk, melted margarine, egg and vanilla. Add applesauce mixture to dry mix and whisk just until large lumps disappear. Fold in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth surface.
- To make topping: In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, chilled margarine and cinnamon; mix with a fork until mixture forms small crumbs. Sprinkle over coffeecake.
- Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool cake, in pan, on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Slice into 12 pieces.