American Potato Salad
- 2 pound(s) uncooked Yukon gold potato(es), peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large egg(s), hard-boiled
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt, Greek-style recommended
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 tsp SPLENDA® Sucralose sweetener (Splenda®)
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked celery, diced
- 1/3 cup(s), sliced uncooked red onion(s), chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are fork-tender, about 7 to 9 minutes; drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using a fork, mash yolk from 1 egg with vinegar until smooth. Add yogurt, mayonnaise, relish, Splenda, salt and pepper; stir until blended.
- Add potatoes, celery and onion to bowl; toss to mix and coat. Chop remaining egg white and egg; gently fold into potato salad. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
We replaced a large amount of regular mayonnaise with some fat-free mayonnaise and creamy non-fat Greek-style yogurt. Garnish with chopped dill, red onion and/or chives. For a change of pace, substitute 1-inch red potato chunks for the Yukon Gold potatoes.