Air-Fried Wonton Pizza Rolls
With all due respect to the microwavable frozen pizza rolls you may have loved as a kid, allow us to present a homemade upgrade. Here, delicate wonton wrappers envelop a filling of tangy marinara, light mozzarella, and savory turkey pepperoni, then get cooked in the air fryer to supreme crunchiness. The gooey cheese is just like you remember.
Store-bought marinara sauce
6 piece(s), finely chopped
WW Light part-skim mozzarella string cheese
3 stick(s), each cut into 4 pieces
- Preheat an air fryer to 400°F.
- Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, arrange the wrapper on a work surface so it looks like a diamond. Spoon ½ tsp of the marinara in the center of the wrapper. Top with about ¼ tsp of the pepperoni and 1 piece of the cheese.
- Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water. Fold the top and bottom corners of the wrapper over the cheese and press to seal. Fold in the left corner of the wrapper and roll over the pizza roll to seal the right corner. Gently press all the edges to seal the roll. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and fillings.
- Coat the air-fryer basket with cooking spray. Arrange half the pizza rolls in a single layer in the basket. Coat the pizza rolls with cooking spray. (Cover the remaining pizza rolls to prevent them from drying out.) Cook the rolls in the air fryer until browned and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. (Some of the filling might leak out.) Repeat with the remaining pizza rolls.
- Serving size: 1 pizza roll