Air fryer tofu by Digital 360 Coach Kayla
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 10 min
If you think you don’t like tofu, Coach Kayla is here to change your mind! She adds this super crispy tofu to her grain bowls and on top of salads for a hit of filling protein. For the crispiest result, don’t skip pressing the tofu to remove the excess liquid; you can use canned goods or a heavy pan as a weight. Or try this with smoked or baked tofu—no pressing necessary. Garnish this recipe with fresh herbs and sesame seeds, and serve it with your favorite dipping sauce or drizzled with the reserved marinade and a touch of toasted sesame oil. You can also bake this recipe in a regular oven at 400°F for 30 minutes.
Extra firm tofu
16 oz, drained
2 Tbsp, reduced-sodium
Dark sesame oil
Rice wine vinegar
2 clove(s), finely chopped
½ tsp, finely chopped
- Line a sheet pan with paper towels and place the block of tofu on top. Cover tofu with a few layers of paper towel, press down lightly with your hands to dry tofu, and then place a heavy pan on top. Let tofu drain for 20 minutes.
- Pat tofu dry and cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a large bowl or glass dish, combine tamari, oil, vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Add tofu, and let stand, turning occasionally, 20 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer, if necessary, to 390℉. Transfer tofu from marinade to a plate with a slotted spoon and using a fine mesh strainer, sprinkle with cornstarch, turning tofu as you go. Pour remaining marinade into a small serving dish.
- Air fry tofu in a single layer (in batches, if necessary), flipping halfway through, until crispy and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with reserved marinade for drizzling.
- Serving size: 4 oz tofu and 1/2 tbsp sauce