Air fryer latkes with yogurt-scallion sauce
Olive oil cooking spray
Uncooked russet potato
1 pound(s), peeled
Uncooked Spanish onion(s)
¾ tsp, divided
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp, finely chopped
½ cup(s), optional
- Preheat air fryer, if needed, to 375°F. Shred potatoes on the large holes of a box grater or using shredding blade of a food processor. Place shredded potatoes in a colander and rinse well with cool water; drain. Shred onion on the large holes of a box grater. Place potatoes and onion on a clean kitchen towel; squeeze very firmly to remove as much excess liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg until lightly beaten. Add potato mixture and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cornstarch, ½ tsp salt, and pepper; toss well to combine.
- Coat air fryer basket with nonstick spray. Spoon potato mixture by ¼-cupfuls into basket (4 per batch); flatten slightly. Coat top of latkes with nonstick spray. Air-fry until browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes, turning latkes over after 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together yogurt, scallions, and remaining ¼ tsp salt. Serve latkes with yogurt sauce and applesauce, if desired.
- Serving size: 2 latkes, 2 tbsp yogurt sauce, and 2 tbsp applesauce (if desired)