350 g, roughly chopped
300 g, roughly chopped
400 g, peeled, trimmed and cut into thin wedges
1 medium, large, cut into thin wedges
4 clove(s), unpeeled
2½ tablespoons, level, clear
1 tablespoons, level
5 sprig(s), leaves picked and chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
260 g, young leaf
Jus-Rol Ready Rolled Light Puff Pastry Sheet
375 g, uncooked
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the carrots, parsnips, beetroot, onion and garlic in a roasting tin, drizzle over the oil, then season and toss to coat. Roast for 35 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp of the honey and the mustard. Remove the veg from the oven, add most of the honey mustard mixture to the tin, then toss to combine. Add the thyme, return to the oven and roast for a further 15 minutes. Squeeze the garlic from the skins, then stir through the veg with the remaining honey mixture. Set aside to cool.
- Put the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water from the kettle to wilt. Let cool, then use your hands to squeeze as much liquid from the spinach as possible. Stir the spinach and half the pumpkin seeds through the roasted vegetables, then set aside
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Unroll the pastry onto the prepared tray, and halve lengthways. Score a diamond pattern onto one half of the pastry, and spoon the veg along the centre of the other half, leaving a 3cm border. Brush the border with egg, then arrange the other pastry half, scored side up, on top. Fold the edges and press to seal. Brush all over with egg then scatter over the remaining pumpkin seeds. Make three small slits in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape and bake for 25-30 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Transfer to a serving platter, then drizzle over the remaining honey and scatter over the extra thyme.