Spinach & ricotta-stuffed courgette rolls
1 hr 10 min
Make a double batch of this sauce and enjoy it with courgetti the following day
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, finely diced
2 clove(s), crushed
½ tablespoon(s), level
1 teaspoon(s), level
¼ teaspoon(s), level
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Trim and coarsely grate 1 of the courgettes and set aside. Trim and peel the remaining 2 courgettes into 16 wide ribbons using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler, then roughly chop any trimmings and set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick pan with cooking spray and cook the onion over a medium heat for 10 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute then stir in the grated courgette, chopped courgette, passata, tomato purée, oregano and balsamic vinegar. Season and simmer for 20 minutes, until thickened, then stir in the torn basil.
- Meanwhile, wilt the spinach in a large pan of boiling water for 1 minute, then transfer to a sieve set over a bowl. Let cool, then squeeze out any excess liquid, pat dry with kitchen paper and roughly chop. Combine with the ricotta and nutmeg in a bowl then season to taste.
- Spread a heaped teaspoonful of the ricotta mixture over each courgette ribbon, then roll to encase.
- Spoon the sauce into the base of a rectangular baking dish and stand the courgette rolls in the sauce. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the courgette is tender and golden.
- Serve garnished with the basil leaves.