Spicy bubble & squeak
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Chilli, Green or Red
1 teaspoons, level
250 g, lean roast ham
10 sprig(s), to garnish
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small chunks. Add them to the saucepan; cover with boiling water from the kettle and simmer briskly for 6-8 minutes, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the onion. Spray the non-stick frying pan or wok with the cooking spray and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. While its cooking, finely shred the cabbage; add it to the pan with the onion and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until the cabbage is wilted.
- Drain the potatoes in the colander, letting them steam-dry for 1-2 minutes.
- While the potatoes are draining, thinly slice the chilli, removing the seeds. Add the chilli to the frying pan or wok with the cumin seeds. Add the potatoes; then snip in the ham and the coriander with a pair of scissors. Stir-fry everything together for 3-4 minutes, adding an extra couple of sprays of the cooking spray.
- Check the seasoning before piling the bubble and squeak on to warmed plates and serve with extra sprigs of coriander.