Quick pineapple & pork stir-fry
Chinese 5 Spice
1 teaspoon(s), level
Pork Loin Steak, Lean, raw
Pineapple in juice, drained
20 ml, from the tin
1 tablespoon(s), level
Asda Cider Vinegar
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Peppers, all types
Chilli, green or red
- Sprinkle the Chinese five spice powder into a bowl with some seasoning. Add the pork and turn to coat. Set aside.
- Drain the pineapple and reserve 30ml of the juice. Set aside the pineapple and pour the reserved juice into a jug, then whisk in the cornflour, cider vinegar, soy sauce, and tomato ketchup. Add 250ml cold water and set aside.
- Mist a wok or nonstick frying pan with the cooking spray and stir-fry the pork for 3 minutes over a high heat, until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Stir-fry the onion and peppers for 3-4 minutes before adding the chilli, garlic, ginger and pak choi. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Return the pork to the wok or pan and add the pineapple chunks. Give the sauce a stir and pour it into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, as the sauce thickens to make sure that everything is well coated. Serve immediately.