Miso-glazed salmon with braised leeks
4 fillet(s), medium
2 teaspoons, grated
Light Soy Sauce
1 tablespoons, softened
1½ tablespoons, white
1 teaspoons, level
Rice Wine Vinegar
2 medium, trimmed and sliced
3 medium, large, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 teaspoons, softened
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.
- To make the braised leeks, combine the leeks, butter and 25ml water in a large nonstick pan, then season well. Cook, stirring regularly, over a medium heat for 10 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Meanwhile, put the salmon on a baking tray. Combine 1 teaspoon of the ginger with the soy sauce and spoon over the salmon. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through.
- While the leeks are braising and the salmon is baking, combine the butter, remaining ginger, miso paste, honey and rice vinegar in a small bowl. Spoon the butter over the salmon and return to the oven to bake for a final 2 minutes.
- Divide the leeks between plates, top with the salmon and serve garnished with the spring onions and coriander.