Egg white, raw
1 zest(s) of 1
1 zest(s) of 1, grated
Lemon Juice, Fresh
60 ml, juice of 2
Low Fat Spread
Egg yolk, raw
2 medium, sliced
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, fan 150°C, gas mark 3. Line the base and sides of a large baking tray (about 20cm x 30cm) with baking paper.
- To make the meringue, whisk the egg whites using a stand mixer until they form stiff peaks. Continue whisking as you add the sugar, a spoonful at a time. Once the meringue is glossy, smooth and firm, fold through the zest and cornflour. Spoon the meringue onto the prepared tray and spread out to the edges. Bake for 1 hour then turn off the oven, leaving the meringue inside until completely cooled.
- To make the curd, put the cornflour, lemon zest, juice, sugar and 4 tbsp water in a pan. Heat over a gentle heat, stirring continuously, until it boils and starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and whisk in the spread and egg yolk. Leave to cool.
- To make the candied lemon, combine the agave syrup and 250ml water in a separate pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, add the lemon slices and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Carefully transfer the lemon slices to a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
- Transfer the meringue to a serving plate, top with the lemon curd and yogurt and decorate with the candied lemon.