Hash brown, sausage & egg cups
850 g, peeled and grated
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 small, finely diced
1 teaspoons, level
1 clove(s), crushed
Extra Lean Pork Mince (5% fat), raw
10 g, finely shredded
Egg, whole, raw
10 medium, raw, whisked until foamy
1 teaspoons, snipped, to garnish
- Soak the grated potato in water for 1 hour, then drain, rinse and drain again. Squeeze out any excess liquid with your hands, then pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Mist a 12-hole nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray. Line each hole with baking paper, then mist again.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the potato in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 2 minutes, stirring halfway. Season, then press into the base and sides of the prepared muffin tin to line. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, mist a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and cook the onion and fennel seeds over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, then add the pork and cook for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the sage and season.
- Spoon the mince mixture into the potato cases, then pour over the eggs. Season to taste and bake for 15 minutes until puffed up. Rest for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and serve garnished with the chives.