Easy fried rice
SmartPoints® value per serving
Have you ever wanted to know how to make fried rice? The good news is, it’s super easy! Our delicious fried rice recipe is the perfect way to use up leftovers. Or, for a hearty, healthy dinner recipe, why not add cooked skinless chicken breast? Chicken fried rice, or even fried rice with egg, is a great way to bulk up a meal.
White Long Grain Rice, dry
Peas, fresh or frozen
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Egg, whole, raw
2 large, raw, lightly beaten
2 medium, grated
5 medium, sliced
Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce
- Cook the rice to pack instructions, add the peas for the last 3 minutes. Drain.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the eggs, making sure to tilt the pan so the eggs cover the bottom.
- When the eggs start to set, break them up into pieces with a heat-proof spatula or wooden spoon. Cook until the eggs are cooked through, then remove and set aside.
- Re-mist the frying pan, add carrots and all but 2 tablespoons of spring onions. Saute for about 2 to 3 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Stir in the cooked rice and peas and the soy sauce; cook for another minute, until heated through, stirring once or twice. Gently stir through the cooked egg and remaining spring onions to serve.