Easter pavlova with rhubarb & ginger
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Egg white(s), raw
250 g, sliced into 2.5cm pieces
10 g, peeled and sliced
1 teaspoons, level
3 teaspoons, level
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C/ fan 160°C. Mist a large baking tray with cooking spray and line it with baking parchment. Draw a 20cm (8in) diameter circle on the parchment and set aside.
- Place the egg whites in a clean, greasefree bowl (not plastic) and whisk with an electric whisk until they are opaque and stiff peaks form. whisk in the caster sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until the meringue is shiny and stiff.
- Spoon the meringue onto the baking sheet circle and swirl to make a dip in the middle. Place in the oven and reduce the heat to gas mark ½/120°C/fan 100°C. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the meringue in it to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place the rhubarb, ginger and ginger beer in a pan and bring to a simmer. Gently simmer for 5 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender but not collapsing. remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Chill until needed.
- Carefully peel the baking parchment from the meringue and place the meringue on a serving plate. Stir the vanilla extract and icing sugar into the Greek yogurt and spoon it over the meringue. lift the rhubarb from the ginger beer with a slotted spoon, discarding the ginger, and spoon it over the yogurt. reduce the remaining liquid to a syrup and drizzle it over the rhubarb and meringue. Serve the pavlova in slices within 1 hour of assembling.