Curried cauliflower & fish pie
500 g, broken into florets
200 g, cut into chunks
1 large, finely chopped
2 stick(s), finely chopped
2 medium, finely chopped
3 clove(s), finely chopped
Plain White Flour
1 tablespoons, level
Peas, fresh or frozen
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 portion(s), medium, to serve
Prawns, Peeled & Cooked
- Put the cauliflower and potatoes in a large pan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add 60ml of the milk and mash until smooth. Season.
- Meanwhile, steam the fish for 5 minutes, or until opaque. Cool slightly, then flake.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion, celery, carrot and garlic, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add the curry powder and flour, then cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in 80ml water and the remaining milk followed by the peas and salmon. Season.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas mark 7. Spoon the fish mixture into 4 x 310ml ovenproof dishes. Top with the mash, then mist with cooking spray.
- Bake the pies for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Serve with the steamed green beans.