Chocolate & strawberry vol-au-vents
Ready Rolled Light Puff Pastry Sheet
Light Double Cream
2 ml, elderflower essence
Egg white(s), raw
1 serving(s), chocolate
1 portion(s), medium
- Unroll the pastry and use a 5cm ring to cut out 24 rounds of pastry. Cut a smaller hole out of the centre of only 12 - you can use the fat end of a piping nozzle. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment and place 12 of solid circles on the tray evenly spaced and wash each one with egg white.
- Remove the centre of the remaining pastry rings and place one on top of each circle of pastry. White wash the top and bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.
- Chop up the white chocolate and place in a microwavable bowl for 30 seconds. Mix until the chocolate has melted. The smaller the chocolate chunks the easier it will melt. If you need more time just microwave for no more than 10 seconds at a time.
- Place in the fridge covered with cling film for about an hour or until cold. Ensure the cling film touches the chocolate cream.
- Whip the chocolate cream until a piping consistency and pip a small amount into each vol au vent and decorate with a few dark chocolate sprinkles or any sprinkles of your choice and decorate with a strawberry.