Low Fat Soft Cheese
2 tablespoon(s), finely chopped
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Plain White Flour
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, lightly beaten
75 g, golden
Calorie controlled cooking spray
New potatoes, raw
600 g, halved if large
350 g, cut into florets
- Put the soft cheese and garlic in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add the parsley to the food processor and pulse until just combined. Line a small shallow bowl with clingfilm and transfer the mixture to the bowl. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until solid.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Make a large cut in the side of each chicken fillet to create a pocket. Remove the soft cheese from the freezer and cut into 4 pieces. Put 1 piece into the pocket of each chicken fillet, making sure the filling is completely enclosed by the chicken.
- Put the flour, egg and breadcrumbs into three separate shallow bowls. Dip each chicken breast in the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Transfer to a nonstick baking sheet.
- Mist the chicken fillets with cooking spray, then bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the new potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain and serve the potatoes and broccoli with the chicken.