- Total Time
Enjoy this delicious curry, packed with healthy vegetables.
Calorie controlled cooking spray8 spray(s)
Onion(s)2 medium, chopped
Red pepper(s)1 medium, de-seeded and sliced
Garlic2 clove(s), crushed
Root Ginger1 teaspoons, 5cm piece, grated (no need to peel)
Chicken breast, skinless, raw600 g, chopped into small chunks
Green Pepper(s)1 medium, de-seeded and sliced
Chilli, Green or Red1 individual, de-seeded and sliced into thin rounds
Curry Powder3 teaspoons, ensure gluten free
Cumin seeds1 teaspoons, level
Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice200 g, uncooked
- Put the rice on to boil and cook according pack instructions. Once cooked, drain, rinse and keep warm.
- Meanwhile heat a lidded saucepan over a medium heat. Spray with the cooking spray and stir-fry the onions for 5 minutes. Add the red pepper, garlic and ginger, spray again with the cooking spray, and stir-fry for another 3 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Using a hand-held blender, puree the onion mixture with 4 tablespoons of water until smooth, then remove the onion mixture from the pan and set to one side until ready to use.
- Return the pan to the heat, spray with the cooking spray, and stir-fry the chicken for 5 minutes until browned in places. Add the green pepper and chilli, then stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Next add the puree to the pan along with the curry powder, cumin seeds and passata. Stir, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, part-covered, for 10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and thickened and the chicken has cooked through. Season and serve with rice .