- 8 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 medium Onion(s), chopped
- 1 medium Red pepper(s), de-seeded and sliced
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoons Root Ginger, 5cm piece, grated (no need to peel)
- 600 g Chicken breast, skinless, raw, chopped into small chunks
- 1 medium Green Pepper(s), de-seeded and sliced
- 1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, de-seeded and sliced into thin rounds
- 3 teaspoons Curry Powder, ensure gluten free
- 1 teaspoons, level Cumin seeds
- 400 g Passata
- 200 g, uncooked Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice
Put the rice on to boil and cook according pack instructions. Once cooked, drain, rinse and keep warm.
Meanwhile heat a lidded saucepan over a medium heat. Spray with the cooking spray and stir-fry the onions for 5 minutes. Add the red pepper, garlic and ginger, spray again with the cooking spray, and stir-fry for another 3 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
Using a hand-held blender, puree the onion mixture with 4 tablespoons of water until smooth, then remove the onion mixture from the pan and set to one side until ready to use.
Return the pan to the heat, spray with the cooking spray, and stir-fry the chicken for 5 minutes until browned in places. Add the green pepper and chilli, then stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
Next add the puree to the pan along with the curry powder, cumin seeds and passata. Stir, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, part-covered, for 10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and thickened and the chicken has cooked through. Season and serve with rice .