Chicken, chorizo & kale with cauli mash
If you love mash but like to keep your evening meals carb-light, cauli mash is the perfect solution! Light, creamy and deceptively rich, it goes with chicken brilliantly
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 small, finely sliced
1 clove(s), finely sliced
1 teaspoon(s), level, smoked paprika
115 g, thickly sliced
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
0% Fat Crème Fraîche
1 teaspoon(s), level
- Mist a large frying pan with cooking spray and cook the onion over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic, smoked paprika and chorizo and fry for a few minutes, until the chorizo starts to release its oil. Add the chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through. Stir in the kale to wilt, and remove the pan from the heat. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the cauliflower. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Put the cauliflower, crème fraîche, Parmesan, mustard and thyme in a food processor. Blitz until it forms a smooth mash. Season well.
- Serve the cauli mash topped with the chicken strips, chorizo and baby kale.